Oily film?

Do you have a sump? I experienced this when I had a problem with my return pump and overflow not moving enough water. A sponge in one of those that gets missed during a cleaning can seriously restrict flow.

I have the # 2's. I thought the 3's would be to much. I just moved them and pointed them more towards the surface. Should do the trick.

Ah once you get the overflow and sump going that surface film should go away. It was that film that keyed me to start looking for a problem in my sump when I saw it.

With the #2's you probably can put them both on the back glass. I'm sure that would take care of the surface movement and create better flow for the entire tank. I've heard of several having success with this.

I tired with the #3's but no dice. Had a sand storm on my hands..:mrgreen:

Theres a guy on CL that has a rio 1400 and an overflow for 50 bucks. He says he was using it for a 55. Does this sound good to you guys?

Yeah I got the spray bar. If you do make one drill holes on the front AND the back of the pipe that runs along the bottom of the tank. I kinda didn't think about the back when I made mine.

Back