OK guys(you too Biff) I need input!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I'm going to this store this weekend. It is my first trip there.

Superior Reef Aquatics

I want everyone who has a few minutes to take a look and give me some input as to what to pick up, and how much I can add at once. The only thing I've added since before xmas is my trumpet coral. I'm looking at adding one more fish before my coral beauty, and alot more corals. As of right now, my tank has:

Royal Gramma
two clowns
purple firefish

Colt Coral
Green Trumpet Coral
Two very small pieces of GSP that haven't grown since I got them six weeks ago.
one blue mushroom
A pile of Anthellia
a small frag of ricordea

Lets dress this place up a little! About 150 bucks worth.....lol

Last edited:
I was thinking of a plate too, something that just sits on the bottom. Are they low maintenance? There is so much to choose from.....lol

I was thinking of a plate too, something that just sits on the bottom. Are they low maintenance? There is so much to choose from.....lol

Why do you think I got roped into working part time at the LFS.
Because I could never make up my mind when I went in there.And after spending so much time,They decided to put me to work:frustrat:

I dont know anything about the plates,except to put them on the sand,and they'll move around the tank.

Get something with colors that isn't already represented in your tank.Provided you have the lights for them.I like the red/green open brain.

For some reason, I cannot keep plate corals (long tentacled or short tentacled) alive! I've killed five of them already and at this point, I GIVE UP!!!

I also recommend an open brain... They are super cool. You should also get a frogspawn, torch or hammer coral (they are all Euphyllia).

Yeah, I loved my frogspawn till I killed it with a powerhead, but he has three heads for 29 bucks so thats a definate yes

Plates are pretty low maintenance besides watching them to see whats going on with them. From my experience so far with my red fungia they dont like to much flow directly on them and whichever side has to much flow definently shows by not expanding out like the opposite side. Also it isn't required but for better growth you can feed them with some thawed up frozen food using a turkey baster and gently kinda squirt/set the food piece on the tentacles until it grabs. Mine catches food in my small tank when i feed now so i stopped doing that also it wont eat unless its mouth is pushed up or open if its receded into the body it wont accept food. Frogspawns are pretty too with actinics on it kinda glows.

you can add pretty much all the coral you want at once so don't stress about that, provided your lighting is adequate. I like the ideas given, especially the torch, that would look great in your tank. lobophillia are really cool as well as the scolimia (hmm, think I mis-spelled that). Can't wait to see pics

-Doc

I know, I paid 69 bucks for two heads the first time.......

So I'm figuring a plate, either a frog or torch, see what looks cool when I get there, I need some things to put in higher flow areas......

Back