OK today i got my first Corals!!!!Tell me what you think.

roberttroy81

Ocean Fanatic
I went in for just one,and ended up with three.I got Iodine,Strontium,Calcium.Is there anything else i need for supplements and feeding?

The first two.
HPIM1283.JPG

The Third.
HPIM1272.JPG

This is my tank.Very,very bare.Any suggestions on what i should do.All you experts lay it on me.
HPIM1278.JPG

Looks really good. You could always add some more live rock, you could go up to 80 lbs in your tank, that will fill it out a bit.

None of the corals you got need any special kind of feeding. Just keep the water quality good, and they should grow and spread on their own.

Looks great man, add a bit more rock a lil bit at a time and you will fill it up nicely....

BTW frags look good..

oh those Yellow polyps will Spread like MADNESS on that rock

Mine looked like yours when I got them.
Anew007.jpg

this was a few months back but, you get the idea.

Looks Nice man.

Dude,You sure like damsels dont you?
Looks great to me.Just remember to test the parameters before you dose any thos additives you got.

i like damsels too but they should be in their own seperate tank.for some.This is just my opinion but i think your tank would lok nicer if you had a different background

I really like the looks of your tank. I wouldn't worry about dosing anything yet. The strontium and calcium are needed for hard corals but it wouldn't hurt to get a test kit and get in the habit of testing for calcium. You wan't to keep it around 400-450ppm. With softies you should be getting enough calcium out of your salt mix. The iodine is used up by inverts to promote proper molting. It doesn't look like you have any shrimp, so you won't have to worry about dosing Iodine.

i like damsels too but they should be in their own seperate tank.for some.This is just my opinion but i think your tank would lok nicer if you had a different background

I am with Hibye on the backround. Try black, you will love it.

Congratulations on your new additions.Besides light,they don't need any special care.There really shouldn't be any need to dose anything right now.

I actually like your background.The rocks look a bit dirty,maybe some snails would help.

Yea they are dirty,Had two turbo sanils,bought two more,mith some red hermit crabs.The are starting to clean house.Damn hair alge,I also need a Cleaner shrmp,but are 29.99 at my lfs (WOW).There peppermemt shrimp are 9.99 .29.99 is a little high.

I'm gonna order more LR.Its between Saltycriitters,Liveaquaria,Tampabay saltwater.Tampabaysaltwater looks really incredible. So does siltycritters,its gona go down to the shipping cost.

I'm just wondering how much!!!If its a 30lb box its perfect,its a 90lb box, then i well start a 10g nano reef too.

Keep in mind that you will have to cure the new rock before you can put it in your tank.
Any time rock is shipped,it will have some die off which would kick off another cycle.

All great places to order rocks from.I do know Saltycritters sell their rocks by the pound and not in box lots.Go with the Uaniva if you go with them.

Looks great!!
Damsels are buggers!!!They attack all the new fish i added,i slowly got rid af them(hassel to catch them.)
Good luck.

Back