Ok what's the deal?

i'm using Instant Ocean by Marineland

Got three small kids still paying for diapers, karate, gymnastics, baseball and Preschool- What is the difference between all this an alimony?

Plus I still kinda like my wife- she cooks really good!

Hahaha, one thing I love about being a member of a very male-oriented site like this is that I get to make mental notes of what not to do if I want to keep my man, and what I need to do when the time comes to drive him away!! ;)

Let's be fair if this were a female dominate site, we would get to hear all those little hushes that women share and think that men don't know about!

Fact is we know, we choose not to react and we play dumb very well! That has kept my relationship with my wife alive and fairly well for 27 years, mind you I'm only 43 I let you do the math (i.e. playing dumb)

Oh believe me, I probably do enough to drive him away as it is! Sometimes I think it's a miracle he's still here! He tells me that sometimes I can be very mean and bossy.

Me? NEVER!! ;)

If all you are is sometimes mean and bossy then I'd marry you. In all seriousness. My wife lets me have my space and i try to give her, hers'. Almost impossible with three kids but we manage. She loved the hobby prior to children and is now too involved in life to take a break - but she loves the tank in the bedroom- properly decorated of course.

Rich

Oh believe me, I probably do enough to drive him away as it is! Sometimes I think it's a miracle he's still here! He tells me that sometimes I can be very mean and bossy.

Me? NEVER!! ;)
I think your pics sums it up. You have him in a choke hold just to get a shot of the two of you.

I thought that ammonia came in two forms, nh3 +nh4- nh 3 is the bad stuff where you can still have a presence of NH4 and not affect the tank stability? I already have hermit crabs so i should get rid of them?

I used a Kordon test kit for the phos - didn't know they made a photometer.

Yote I am a little confused you said to use GFO in the back chamber? What is GFO?

I already have some cheap fish in the tank. To bring up salinity I just add water with a higher salinity right? Not add salt straight to the tank?

Thank you all for your help! I'd love to get this right and then in a year move on to the 75 or 125 gal I have in the basement. But I know DON'T RUSH!

Set up the 125 with the 75 as your sump. When the wifee lets you buy some lights of course...

Set up the 125 with the 75 as your sump. When the wifee lets you buy some lights of course...

You know, I'm such a generous, caring person that I'm going to help you out here, RFD. Because I'm so thoughtful, I'll take the 125 AND the 75 off your hands, and preserve your marriage that way... :D

(Kidding...)

Back