On 21st buying a camera, which one?

Homer

Reefing newb
I have two options:

Nikon D3100 or Canon 1100D

Nikon has more pixels (2 more), has auto dust cleaner, 1080 VIDEO...

But Canon has built in AUTOFOCUS and other things. And there is almost no shutter lag. So here is the comparisson:

Canon 1100D vs Nikon D3100 - Our Analysis

The price for both cameras is the same.. I think of going for canon, but it is not deffinent.

personally, at that price point, I would try to go with the T3i (not sure what the European Equivalent is). Then at some point pair that up with a good macro lens like the 60mm or 100mm. You will be much happier with the detail of any cropped photos.

-Good Luck

Several weeks ago I bought the T3i along with the EF 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. I love it. Pretty easy to learn how to use. I just received the Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D for Dummies book to learn more about all the functions. It took me a dozen or so shots to get the setting right. Here's a couple of pics I took yesterday with the macro lens.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 277
FWIW, i don't know of a nikon dslr that has shutter lag.
But if the canon has an in-body focusing motor and the nikon does not, I would go with the canon so you won't be limited on af lenses.

Today went to shop, played with the cameras a little bit, talked with salesman (he wasn`t the bightest chap, read the info from the brochures :D :D )... Found tow more models, available for my pocket.

Nikon 3200D and Canon 550D and canon 600D... once again, Nikon does not have autofocus motor built in, but has amazing 24 megapixels... But then again, I am not printing bilboards :)

Maybe look into some used body's... it's not a bad option if it's been taken care of really well. Theres some really great used camera websites out there!
I got my nikon d200 for just under 300$... that's a 1400$ camera. No one will pay the new price because for just a few hundred bucks for you can get something way better, and these camera guys keep getting the top stuff! keep your eye's open and check craigslist!

Plus then you can leave room for lenses :)
picked up a 105mm macro 1:1 for 115$ with a nikon camera and macro flash.

Back