on the search

Scots_art

Reefing newb
Hello folks , a blast from the past here.

I know it has been a long time that i have posted on here.

Well that is my tank coming up for its 1yr Birthday , not as far on with it as i wanted to be at this stage , but nothing wrong with that.
I have a few more LPS added , been brave and also purchased a couple of SPS ...
i have an Orange plating Montiporia , and i have a branching Blueberry Montiporia .

i will add a fairly recent pic of the tank in my highland reef post at some point.

But i am now after something a bit more "" unusual "" for my tank.
the eventual stock will be a pair of clowns , Possum wrasse , mandarin along with the high fin banded goby i have currently.
so i am after something a little more unusual , strange and a little bit freaky.....

At the moment i have a short list , but i would love to get more ideas , suggestions for me to consider.

so on the list currently

Yellow Sea Cucumber --- Colochirus robustus. Yes i know they carry a risk of dumping the toxins when they die / or stress out .. but i am willing to take the chance of that happening. BUT having said that i do know what clowns can be like so i am unsure , as i dont want the chance of the clowns acting like little brats and picking at the cucumber .... though most kids hate vegetables LOL.

a friend suggested i look at getting some Flame scallops .
and it was also suggested i consider getting one of the easier to care for species of clams.

I already feed my tank 2ml of zooplankton and 2ml of phytoplankton every week so the sea cucumber or the scallops would already have freely available feed in the water as i also do not skim or filter the water apart from the ceramic rock which is now Live.

So come on folks ,,, stick on your thinking caps and come up with more ideas to go on the list.

cheers

No flame scallops, putting them in our tanks is a death sentence. Clams are really cool if you have the lighting, though.

i guess it all depends on your feeding / amount etc. as i have been talking to someone who has kept 6 flames for 3.5 years.

the thing with clams ,, here in the UK even the easier more brown ones are fairly expensive , one of my American friends could not believe the price compared to the prices in America.
i have the lighting as people have the easier to keep clams under T5's here in the UK and i have far more intense lighting. but to be perfectly honest i find clams pretty boring and unattractive unless you continually look down from above
for example .. one UK store is selling the harder to keep Maxima clams for £60 UK ,, the easier to keep less colourful clams they are selling for £100 UK

i guess it all depends on your feeding / amount etc. as i have been talking to someone who has kept 6 flames for 3.5 years.

the thing with clams ,, here in the UK even the easier more brown ones are fairly expensive , one of my American friends could not believe the price compared to the prices in America.
i have the lighting as people have the easier to keep clams under T5's here in the UK and i have far more intense lighting. but to be perfectly honest i find clams pretty boring and unattractive unless you continually look down from above
for example .. one UK store is selling the harder to keep Maxima clams for £60 UK ,, the easier to keep less colourful clams they are selling for £100 UK
dont get it.doesnt make sense (the last sentence) how can they justify that?

lol , i know it makes no sense . but every time i see them selling the easier to keep ones the price is always always more expensive.

Back