One of those days

Ironman

Reef enthusiast
I came home and went straight to my tank as usually. After close examination I noticed One of my mated percs was missing. I found him a few minutes later dried up on the floor behind the tank. I had him 2 years and it took him 1 year to mate with my other perc.
So I took it in stride and went on working with the tank. I had a acropora that needed to be glued. So I glued it down and put it back in the tank where my 3 year old regal tang rush to see what was up. He decided to taste the glue and superglued his mouth shut.
There are two lessons to learn here: Dont ever let fish near fresh glue, and dont ever get attached to your fish. :frustrat:

If I could catch him I could dig out the glue and hope he would heal but I cant catch him so time will tell? Im hoping to wake up tomorow and the glue just be gone, but I doubt it. thanks for the concern

Man sorry to hear.... :shock:

That just stinks! I have heard of that happening, and had forgotten. I better watch what I am doing.

This post reminded me of the yellow tang that got killed by a clam. He had his nose where it didnt belong and the clam shut on him and killed him.I'll try and find that pic.

One good thing came of this post......

I'm going to be feeding the clown that was responsible for the broken light a nice big mysis shrimp covered with super glue gel tonight :^:

-----

I'm only kidding, everyone knows that would be my little secret. Anyone want to place a line on the true perc being :death: by the next time we meet at my house?

And just so anyone who doesn't know me and runs across this I was only kidding.... but if the fish did jump on the floor right in front of me I might give a quick wistle to tucker :mrgreen:

I was talking with another reefer I know that had the same thing happen and he said the tang worked its mouth open after a couple of days.I hope your will to

I'm sorry for the loss of your perc and hope your tang makes it. Maybe a very strong cleaner shrimp is called for.

I can just imagine the tang swimming up to the cleaner shrimp station and all the shrimp pointing and laughing at him. Sorry, it just popped into my head.

Well good news guys. I woke up this morning and the regals mouth was opening. Hes eating and doing great. He still has some glue stuck to the roof of his mouth but Im sure it will go away with time.
However mouth to mouth didnt work for little nemo. I forgot to mention I had hand picked that perc because he had a gimp fin just like nemo. I guess it didnt affect his jumping skills :grumble:
Thanks again for all the nice responses, In the real world people think youve gone a little loopy when you talk about a fish problem.

Yea people ask me about my tank all the time, but after about 4 minutes i see this look in there eyes :shock: .... like dam* i wish i wouldn't have said anything....

Glad everything is doing well.

Oh and when do you want to meet up and exchange goods?

bv

:death: There will be no exchanging of goods without me!!!!!!!! :death:

Glad to hear the tang is eating now!

OBTW, I know what you all are talking about when it comes to talking about the tank. If someone ask me a question, my wife rolls her eyes and says uh oh youve done it now. Then I smak her in the back of the head and tell her to pipe down...............(wife walks in and sees me type this and then rips me a new one)..... :helm2:

whenever, I need to get with angela to get some frags to. So maybe either I can come out by you, or if your coming into town you could pick the frags up and bring them with you? Im pretty flexible on weekends, You could always come over to my house, you could see what the corals are suppose to look like in a good tank! :bounce: Just kidding, I wish I had the acros youve got.
Let me know

Noob, I heared a rumor that when you visit people houses there coral seem to misteriously have little frags missing, and you always leave with wet pockets? :grumble:

Back