One year strong :)

WannaRace

Reefing newb
Hey guys and gals!

It's been a little over a year now and my tank has matured very nicely. Corals are growing big and bright and I have most of the same fish still, which is always a good sign :)

I have a couple questions. I have just added a bubble tip anemone and after a few days my female false percula has decided to host it. However, my male false percula wants nothing to do with it. Has this happened to anyone? Did the male eventually host?

Also, my sixline wrasse seems to love to clean my other fish. I know for sure it is a sixline and not a cleaner, but is this in their blood to do it?

Just curious and thanks ahead of time for the responses!

Pics to come soon!!! I promise!!! :)

The female clown may not let the male in the anemone.Mine used to do that.The female would stay in the anemone,while the male hung out a near by rock.
And a 6-line dont "clean" other fish.Sounds like its trying to become bossy and aggressive.
And congratulations on the one year mark.

The female clown may not let the male in the anemone.Mine used to do that.The female would stay in the anemone,while the male hung out a near by rock.

+1 yote. That is exactly how it happened with my clowns. At first she was very aggressive to the male after she hosted anemone but the male kept persisting and finally she caved in and let him in to their home. Takes a while tho.

I'm getting close to my 1 year as well. You should definitly have updated pictures if you are gonna promote your 1 year so we can compare!

Thanks for the replies!

The Sixline is definitely cleaning because the other fish are swimming in one spot and turning their sides to the wrasse for it to pick things off. Both fish interact calmly and doesn't look to be bothersome to others.

I am working on the pics, trying to get some nice shots but also busy with the holidays!

congrats on the 1 year mark. 1 down many to go. Hey where are the pics? you must think about your living reefs family for the holidays too :mrgreen:

:beerchug:

Back