online fish?

joeyv

Reefing newb
hey i was wondering if it is a good idea to get fish off line? or is it best if your just get them at the LFS?

I like to go to the LFS.
1) It helps support them.
2) You get your fish right away.
3) Unless you order alot its going to cost the same or more with shipping.
JMO though.

I think its best to buy locally,so you can see exact size,signs of illness and if they are eating well.Most LFS will order fish for you if they don't have it in stock and even hold them for a few days to make sure nothing wrong with them.As fish goes I wouldn't order them unless its something the LFS can't get,but I have never seen where a LFS can't get me what an online vendor can.

yea i have heard it better to just go local, but i wanted to see what everyone else thought. thanks guys.

I agree with em too.When you order livestock online,you have no idea what your getting.Its always better to buy local so you can watch the animal,watch it eat,and make sure its acting normal.
When you order off the internet,your putting your money and life of your investment in the hands of someone else that just might not give a crap if you get what you paid for or not.

Lets put it like this..

where do you think the fish store gets their fish (well most of them)?

The difference is - that for the most part - the fish in the store are not as stressed as just flown in fish. Plus the store is taking the risk of a DOA or other nasties coming along with the fish.

Personally- I have no problem buying online. I just don't see the need to since I don't really look for exotic fish and I have a massive selection from my local market.

Joeyv,

I bought fish and corals from marinedepotlive.com and never had a problem. They give you 14 day guaranteed or you get credit if your fish died. Stay away from liveaquaria.com. they deliver bad corals and their fish are too small. but I agree with LFS is the way to go as well.

pin:twocents:

Back