OOOOOOO....Guess what I found!!!

Doc

I don't work for anybody
OK, so you are all probably all tired of my ranting and raving about angelfish. I was having problems trying to get my Koran to play nice with my Emperor. Both were about 4-5 inches total in length. I tried Winyfrogs brilliant idea about putting them in without lights on, but...not so much. So my Koran is at my LFS, waiting til my NEW addition gets settled in. I walked past a holding tank in a different fish store and found him.....my new 9 inch Emperor Angelfish. I quickly traded in my sailfin and old emperor and picked up the BIGGEST fish I have ever had in my tank. It is roughly the size of a dinner plate in your kitchen. I am in awe of how elegant this fish is. I will post pics next week, I have to go out of town until then.

I get all the fuss about how much damage these big angels can do to corals in such a short time. His beak (if that is what you call it) is so massive, he can almost tank in an entire frozen cube of food with one bite. He seems to like silversides as well.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that I can have the same success with this guy that I have had with my other angelfish. So far. my LPS are doing great. I hope you love the pics. He was kept in copper for two months, so his colors are muted. They should get back to balance in a week or so.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Yes, pics. I love emperor also. I'm still indecisive about what angels I want; queen, emperor or blue face. I just added a baby flagfin he's so cute he's only an inch long and eating wonderful.

If I had more space, I would do a Blue-face first, and then an emperor. I like queens too - it is a tough choice. I am planning a 265 (can't seem to find a 300 gallon) that I will use to house my emperor, a blue-face, my blue angel, and my Koran and French. I do love angelfish. Nothing like swimming with them in the ocean. Too bad Utah doesn't have much shoreline. Wish I had your 180 Winy. Let me know which large angel you choose.

too bad the Great Salt Lake isnt a shallow reef! now that would be cool. sadly there are no great deapths to bring fourth nutrients, and thats just for starters..... ah if only.....

oh yeah and whats the deal is your camera broken?

icantseethepics.jpg

thanks reeffreak. I like that title..."Mad Scientist". Utah does have a natural hotspring just outside of Salt Lake City that has a natural salt content very similar to the ocean. Some guy found a way to stock it with certain hardy species of marine fish. It is called Sea Base. It is pretty cool. I plan on getting scuba certified next year. They have french angels, groupers, jacks, nurse sharks and the like. Visibility is not to great and you need to make a reservation but if you are hard up to dive in the ocean, it is not too far a drive from Boise. Check it out online, just search for Sea Base in Gransville Utah.

Wow, Biff. Be nice (and patient). I will post the pics in a few days. Sorry to make you wait, but sometimes, my job gets in the way of my fish.

I was certified at the Sea Base its not to bad a place to dive lots of mono's, scats, french angels, nurse shark, puffers, jacks, and they also have a purple tang, and jardini.

Its a great place to practice.

Back