Open bottom tank?

look at a dog food feeder or a water despenser they are all the same i cant tel you hoe it works but the top tank is sealed so that no air can come in or get out and once the seal is made at the bottom with the other water the water will not drop until the lower tank gets low then it will take water from the upper part.

if that's true, and i'm not doubting you one bit, then where does the water go that the air from the bubbler displaces...does that make sense? would that water that gets displaced just count for evaporation? unless there is a suction at the top of the tank that recirculates the air back thru the system...

Daugherty's got it. As long as the top of the tank is sealed, the water won't fall out of the tank. I bet he's got some way to recirculate the air from the bubbler.

I understand the whole water feeder set up but in a water feeder, when water is called for it is replaced by the air bubbles. in this situation the air is supplied and no water needs to be displaced. unless that air is a closed loop, but how would that work? you would just be recirculating bad air and no oxygen would be introduced to the tank.

I bet they coated the entire inside of that car with some sort of resin to waterproof it. Some animal rights activist group wouldve been all over that otherwise.

I understand the whole water feeder set up but in a water feeder, when water is called for it is replaced by the air bubbles. in this situation the air is supplied and no water needs to be displaced. unless that air is a closed loop, but how would that work? you would just be recirculating bad air and no oxygen would be introduced to the tank.

the only thing i can think of is that they have a vacuum line with a one-way valve on it, at the top of the tank, sucking out the "bad air" and and a separate line, on the bottom side of the tank...also with a one-way valve on it putting fresh air back into the tank. i could be completely off course, but it seems like it should work. the only problem would be making the suction at the top of the tank correspond to how much air is above the waterline, or else either the vacuum would start sucking water or there would be a water build-up and the surrounding tank (open part) would back up and flood.

maybe someone should send this one into mythbusters and see what they come up with lol :D

Back