Operation Nemo (Northstar24's 180g build)

Northstar24

The Tang Herder
With the arrival of the FedEx guy today, Operation Nemo is officially underway!

Here are some photos of today's goodies

P8100194.jpg

P8100195.jpg

P8100196.jpg

Next up, getting a LifeReef LifeRefugium II built, doubling the floor joists and ordering the tank!

The tank is actually coming from a Lfs, I looked online and didn't really have much luck. I shopped around and found a store that gave mea price of $1000 for the tank, stand, and top. I didn't think that was too bad a price

Rock and sand is coming from Marcos rocks mostly, with a little locally to seed the dry rock and sand

Before all that I need to double up the floor joists with my dad, hopefully this weekend

Okay, so I just thought of the first problem. I changed the lighting system out to the Marineland 24 hour 72" system. It has 3 150W Metal Halide bulbs. The AGA aquariums have a center brace - which will sit directly under the bulb in the middle, creating a big shadow

Thats really dissapointing, and something I totally overlooked :(

I dontthink the shadow will be that bad depending into size of the support. I've seen 55 set ups with the same center support and the light kinda blasts past it from either side.

What company did you order all that fro
?

Congrats on your new system.

It's weird that the AGA tank has a center brace.My old AGA 210g had two braces 1/3 apart just right for 3 MH bulb fixtures.You'll love the Life Reef system.

Okay folks, time for an update

Tank arrives sometime Saturday (AGA 180 Reef Ready), and the LifeReef system should arrive Friday.
Dad and I are doubling up the floor joists where the tank will sit this weekend and re-arranging some furniture

Next step is to get some rock and sand from Marco's rocks

Perhaps wet this weekend depending on how things go! Stay tuned for photos

Holy Crap! Spent all weekend unpacking goodies from Lifereef and Maros Rocks. I'll try and get some photos up later. I also doubled up the floor joists to err on the side of caution. I'm off of work tomorrow so the tank can get delivered!!!!

I'll get some photos up after the tank is in place

Back