Opinion on LEDs

Hey Einstein, I stated it was from Lowes and replaced by the addition of 2 400 watt halides.
Now I have someone to put on my ignore list KMA pal.

If you want to use generic lights from a big box store feel free. Don't post back here when you have issues with coral (or algae growth with those 6500k bulbs). If generic lights worked, people would be using generic t5 or halide bulbs. 6500k isn't even close to the right spectrum for coral

And that light in the radion for 'human enjoyment' greatly helps color rendition of corals. Many users of led are adding red/green/uv LEDs to the whites and blues for this very reason

Hey Einstein, I stated it was from Lowes and replaced by the addition of 2 400 watt halides.
Now I have someone to put on my ignore list KMA pal.

Just a question, but if ths Lowes light was so fantastic, why did you replace it with 400 watt Metal Halides?

If you would all have read the post and not gotten all emotional over the fact that the reason those lights were used were because I was not getting the light I needed and it was an experiment they were replaced with 400 watt halides and not used any further. But no all, I am getting is a bunch of replies from people who want to hide from reality and justify the choice they made on emotional stints, I moved the freakin thread off here just I would not have my email going off with a bunch of sniveling snot nosed brats that won't accept reality, You people bought colored automobile lights not anything refined for aquarium use, you wanted pretty blue and glowing coral as opossed to a thriving tank, now you have to justify the money you are now finding out that you wasted and should have bought a competent t-5 and halide setup. but nope were gonna team up and wine and take half a sentance and bend it around untill we program a nifty lighting storm or some other BS color temp because we spent a lot of money and cannot be happy in the fact that does not exist the led's are worthy investment at this time so we will tantalize ourselfs with all the gimmicks we paid for and to hell with the life at least we are right after all and damn you for pointing out reality. What's next ? natural sunlight sucks now that we have led's sheesh you are all laughable.

If you would all have read the post and not gotten all emotional over the fact that the reason those lights were used were because I was not getting the light I needed and it was an experiment they were replaced with 400 watt halides and not used any further. But no all, I am getting is a bunch of replies from people who want to hide from reality and justify the choice they made on emotional stints, I moved the freakin thread off here just I would not have my email going off with a bunch of sniveling snot nosed brats that won't accept reality, You people bought colored automobile lights not anything refined for aquarium use, you wanted pretty blue and glowing coral as opossed to a thriving tank, now you have to justify the money you are now finding out that you wasted and should have bought a competent t-5 and halide setup. but nope were gonna team up and wine and take half a sentance and bend it around untill we program a nifty lighting storm or some other BS color temp because we spent a lot of money and cannot be happy in the fact that does not exist the led's are worthy investment at this time so we will tantalize ourselfs with all the gimmicks we paid for and to hell with the life at least we are right after all and damn you for pointing out reality. What's next ? natural sunlight sucks now that we have led's sheesh you are all laughable.

And you bought a backyard flood light.

Obviously your tank was not thriving as you want to think it was or you would not have gone to MH.

I would really like to know where you came across your "findings", and if it it something you were told, read, or just came up with. Did you actually do some sort of laboratory testing on all the different LED's on the market?

I can throw up research, and comparisons all day long. I can throw up a video of an 800 gallon tank running a MH vs. Radion experiment that rebuts all that you claim.

And you can take this as the one and final warning. Please quit insulting anyone (and/or lumping everyone into your rant). There is plenty of room for discussion, and even debate any given subject.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it makes no sense. And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's no good.

I think this is the funniest run on sentence that I've read in a long time. I guess punctuation is too "refined" for him too? :lol:

I think this is the funniest run on sentence that I've read in a long time. I guess punctuation is too "refined" for him too? :lol:

Yeah, that was some seriously crazy rambling...guess he went crazy from being a cannibal! (cause he had a picture of Hannibal Lecter but you can't see it now that he was banned)

Back