Opinions on a Tank

ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
Hi Guys,

I was supposed to buy a 120 gallon All-glass tank last week, but the seller backed out of our deal so I have been looking for a larger setup and found this:

75 gallon drilled tank, plus 55 gallon sump/fuge, all the plumbing which includes shutoff valves, heavy duty steel "l" beam stand w/ custom oak skirt and canopy (real wood), 2 250 watt metal halides with recently rebuilt ballast, 2 4ft actinics, 4 ft moonlight bar, light and powerhead timer bar, 125 gal protein skimmer with overflow catch, mag drive model 12 return pump (1200 gal per hour), heater and natural wave natural cycle pump power strip, and several accessories.

They want $650 for all of the above and the water and sandbed they have. I am wondering if this is a good deal? They have one return and loc-line running across the entire length of the tank that allows flow to come out every 6".

How much would it cost in electricity to run a tank this size? Does anything about the description of the tank bother you?

Thanks for your help!!

Sounds good to me too, my only concern is that a 75 gallon tank is really not that big, and you might figure that out and want to upgrade pretty quickly.

Well they backed out of the deal as well so I am searching for another deal again.

Man....just my luck.

Can anyone comment on how much it increases your electricity costs to run a 120 gallon reef tank? An estimate would be nice.

Thanks,
RC

Its not as bad as you think..Depending on the lights and pumps it can be anywhere to $20-$40 every month but thats nothing for something that runs 24/7

That's all? Just 20K, well where do i sign up? I'm ready to pay. Just let me first gather the bills from the money tree i have growing in my backyard.

Last edited:
My HOA is totally getting ripped off by me. I mean, no way is my monthly fee anywhere NEAR what it costs to run my tank. Hahaha! I love sticking it to the man every once in a while. When I can.

Back