Opinions on lighting

khaotik

Reefing newb
I am looking to order some lights today. Does anybody have any experience with these:
AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Link up to three T5 HO aquarium light fixtures

They seem to be decent lighting around my price range and I can link them up to more later on. I only have a 20 gallon long I will be putting them on.

Any suggestions or comments would be great!

Have you ever heard of these lights? I have looked at these too. They are a little more expensive than the previous ones but would that be enough lighting to have corals later on???

Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System

Affordable AND Stylish LED lighting system for reef aquariums
dot_clear.gif

These newer Marineland Reef Capable LED systems sound promising. They seem to be decent, but have yet to find any reviews of them from anyone. I found A decent price too online. Much cheaper than a lot of others I have been looking at.

I am looking to order some lights today. Does anybody have any experience with these:
AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Link up to three T5 HO aquarium light fixtures

They seem to be decent lighting around my price range and I can link them up to more later on. I only have a 20 gallon long I will be putting them on.

Any suggestions or comments would be great!

Thats a good fixture, just upgrade to some ATI bulbs

I own an aquaticlife 48" lighting system. 4 bulbs with moonlights

Although I have yet to add fish it is great to have the one plug and timer built in.

I have an 80gallon tank so I guess I can't have much for corals at this point with only 216watts.

I saw those systems you mention and at least I can say the brand seems well built and reliable. I have had mine on for various reasons over the last month and they are easy to use and reliable(so far)

I wish I could just slap a 2 bulb system to bump up my wattage but there is no room.

I suppose a linked system would require a wide tank.

Back