opinions on my choice of fish

reeftanker84

Reefing newb
ok so i have been reading up on the mc closky flasher wrasse,carpenter flasher wrasse,and the filemented flasher wrasse,i have read these are reef safe fish and are peacefull with other fish,i was wondering if i could possibly get away with 2 males of a diferant species? ive heard it helps to have at least one female to get the males to flash more,so i was thinking on 2 diferant pairs,any thoughts? i am also going to get 2 occ clowns,so total fish count is 6, of course not all is going in at the same time

Although they're all listed as peaceful fish, there's no garauntee that they'll all get along. Most of the time you're actually safer with only one male and several females. However, like everything in this hobby there are exceptions. In my tank I've got 3 wrasses, 2 male and 1 female. I have yet to see any aggression but, I believe it's because of how they were introduced into the tank. The first male/female pair were added using an acclimation box, and after a week they were let into the rest of the tank. Then a month later the second male was added into the acclimation box for 2 weeks so the original wrasses could get used to seeing him. After about 10 days, right before lights out the second male was released.

thanks,i was wondering how that might work,no garentee though that ill actualy get to diferand types but i would like to if possible

ok guys i got 2 Mc Coskers flasher wrasse and ended up with 2 males i think,the biggest is flashing like crazy,the smaller just swimes around pretty much ignoring the bigger one,but both have the same coloring,the smaller has the better dorsal fin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbTyyqlSKU4"]YouTube - ‪Mc Coskers Flasher Wrasse flashing‬‏[/ame]
here is a vid i took of the big one flashing,for anyone who has never seen a flashing wrasse this is a treat,this can be viewed in 720p

I know this thread is old, just stumbled on it as I'm contemplating adding a McCosker's. Great flashing video, I had no idea what "flashing" entailed.
How are yours doing??

Back