Opinions on my Elegance Coral

Dashtrash400

Reefing newb
Ive been wanting and reading a lot about EC and I finally got an Aussie Pink Tipped one. Well I'm not sure if it's opening up the way it was in the store. I've had it for three days. The first picture was taken in the open no shade and because it looked a little closed I changed positions on it and placed it slightly under a ledge. Either way it looks the same so maybe that's just the look of it but I thought they were suppose to be more open and mine has alot of curls in it's disc.
IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

As always sorry for the quality if they suck they are cell pics. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

It's a beautiful coral. I hope it stays that way. I've yet to see someone keep an elegance alive longer than 1 yr. They have such a poor survival rate in captivity even by the most expert reef keepers. Maybe you can be one of the exceptions. I Wish You Good Luck :)

You should have more luck with an Aussie. I had an Indonesian that died after about a month. I was totally bummed about it. Yours is beautiful. I hope it stays that way! Good luck!

Well so far so good on the feed back I g Jess everyone thinks it looks fine. Thanks for everyone's help. Kinda felt bad buying it cause I'm pretty loyal to this one fish store and unfortunately all they get is indo therefore I bought it elsewhere. Oh well I guess huh.

lol ive had my small 1 close to a year now mine like it on the sand bed out in the open ....when i first got my big 1 it took 2 weeks to come out fully

Back