oppinions and advice needed

Lights,skimmer,powerheads,and heater will be here by 4:30 thursday evening:bounce: :bounce: :^: :bowdown: thank you tax gods

Dont worrie your not alone. I think everybody here does, other wise they wouldnt have this forum dedicated to our addiction.:^: :bounce: :mrgreen: :beerchug: :claphands :bdaybiggr :surfing: :cheerful: :lol: :grin: :razz: :bouncycig Ok I think thats enough of my happy faces LOL

Just a couple,,reefing,,and hunting,,and money,,lol
Between the hunting and reefing ,,I aint never got no money though

Lights,skimmer,and stuff is here.
Learned a very valuable lesson,,,,,,,DO NOT TURN T-5's ON UNTILL THERE OVER THE TANK. been seeing spots 10 this morning.
Bobby,,i'll post pics as soon as the wife get batterys for the digi cam

Cool lets see em. I hate digital cams the batterys run out way too fast. Ya I did that with my pcs in a dark room, instead of seeing spots I didnt see anything at all. LOL

lol,,,,I wouldnt laugh,,but been there and done that.
I was very impressed with the whole order. Had one actnic bulb that was broke. Called foster and smith and they are sending out another bulb 2nd day at no charge.
Spent about 20 minutes adjusting the skimmer so it dont flood the floor.And clouded up the tank with sand when I turned those maxi-jets on. Ended up taking 2 of those out,so just using 2 instead of the intended 4.
Plus I just couldn't resist the temptation of buying a 3 lb piece of live rock.

Ya I hear fos and smith was good. When you get the css set in tell us how it doing job wise, I just read a very long thread on them about how there hard to dial in but when you do everybody says it outperforms the remora pro with either the mag3 or maxijet1200. Thats what I'm going to go with when I set up my 55. On the maxijets have you look at the mods for them, with the mods you can make it 1200 or 2400 gph and the good thing is its dispersed so its not like a stong jet in one area there suposed to be awsome. Here is a link that sells them
MJmods.com, Mod your Maxi jet into a high flow pump
Or you can diy it I have a thread thats called (diy videos for the diyers out there) its in the diy forum. In that thread it gives a link with videos on diying mjmods, fraging shrooms, bending pvc, and more. You know if your intrested.

Thanks for that link Bobby.I might have to try that.
But now im a little gun shy of adding any more flow. I mean the whole tank went from crystal clear to sheet over your head about 1/2 a second.

Not a prob. I'm going to do one p/h in my 30 and see how it turns out. I dont know if it will make it worse or not because it spread out more. Did you watch the vid? At the end they demonstrate it in shallow water,and it didnt move there bed around, so I think I'm going to give it a try. If you do try let me know I got other sites were you can buy the stuff from, the only thing you will have to buy from mjmods is the shroud if you cant diy it. I'm going to diy all of it that way if I dont like it I can change it back and wont have alot in it.

Ok Bobby,,Just an update on those coralife SS's. I will be ordering another one for my 30. I hooked the one that I just got up and let run on my 30 from thursday night untill about an hour ago.
All I can say ,,is its a good thing we got back from Gatlinburg when we did or I would have had alot of skimmer gunk all over the floor.Plus my trates went from 0.5 to undectable.
Will post pics later tonight.

Thats awsome. I planed on getting one because of all the great reviews I read. I cant wait to see the pics. What were you running on the 30?

heres the lights
55gal.jpg

I already pot the skimmer back on the 55 or I would have took a pic of it in operation

I got 30lbs of base rock that I got to get in there,and i'm planning on ordering 50lbs of live rock tonight.
Wifes after me to get my base rock outta the floor ,so I guess i'll place it tonight.

ok,,now have 75lbs of rock in the tank.30lbs of base rock and 45lbs of live rock.Also have ammonia at 2.0.

liverockwithoutflash.jpg

baserock.jpg

Back