ORA Domino Clown Pair

fasoole

Reefing newb
Hello

this my 1st post here and to be honest my first non arabic fourms i register

i've been reading alot of threads arround its nice to be part of this community

i have 120g Salt water aquarium

lately i have Hair Algae problems i discovered the pump that came with Tropic Marin ELIMI-CONTROL not working after 2 months only from buying this product

any way im trying to handle it now by changing water weekly 30%
i changed the media and pump now soon every thing will be ok i hope

got new Clown's pair wanna share it with you guys

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G_DQ1jNaoI]YouTube - ‪ORA Domino Clown Pair‬‏[/ame]

sorry im not good in english its not my first lang

nice to meet u all

welcome to the forum awesome tank and very pretty fish ive never seen them before ( prob the only one that hasnt lol) but if im not mistaking hair algae is due to high phosphates have you tested your phosphates? i remember a while back with my 75g tank i had to get a phosban reactor to keep my phosphates in check , unfortunately i dont really have much to add but no worries we have many more people that can help you :D:Cheers:

oh also a sea hare would be a good lawnmower if you can borrow/buy one from your LFS or from a friend ugly critter but in my experience good with hair algae

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. it has been a great resource for me so far. Your phosphates might not register due to the hair algae eating them all up. +1 on the lawnmower or you could try and starve it with some chaeto or some other macro algae.

More water changes! Try some phosban in a filter sock in a high flow area, that might help! Other than that, really, get regular on water changes.

Phosphates suck!

But those are some of the best looking clowns around! Never seen them either jcegt, so dont feel alone ;)

Welcome to living reefs :)

Phosban should help you a lot. You added turf algae? you should add Cheato. It will help eat the bad items in the tank.

An Urchin will also eat hair algae, so try that, they are excellent, its cleaning mine up really quickly.

Urchin Cheato not available in my country hard tp get them we have other plant
Jumbo Mangrove
!CCsjVLQBmk~$(KGrHqQOKj4Ezdey9Ov,BNL-LLmGow~~_35.JPG

Welcome to the site, we're glad to have you aboard. Just continue to do weekly water changes, and try to pull as much of the algae off by hand as possible.

Mangrove would be for freshwater if im not mistaken? It wont be good for our tanks. Look for some form of macro algae

Welcome to the site, fas :D Do you have other fish in the tank? I have a 125g, and I had some hair algae, but after getting a lawnmower blenny, kole tang, foxface, and coral beauty, I have no algae...they ate it all lol I had to trim the long ones though.

I don't know how the tap water is where you are at, but most of us have nitrates in our tap, which can cause algae, so we use rodi instead. Maybe your light bulbs are old, too? I think people here change theirs out every 6 months.

Thank you for ur comments guys

Yeah i will keep change water weekly

i have only 1 Algae eater in the tank

tomini tang

My Tank Fish list
Yellow assessor
blue assessor
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
6 line wrasse
Blue hipo tang
Sailfin tang
Lamarck's Angelfish
Domino ClownFish (which i add their video)
2 Chrome Damsel
LongNose hawk

Planing to get get some algae eater
Foxface (abt 35$ )
lawnmower blenny (15$)
naso tang (25$)
kole tang (35$)

any available in market and in good condition i will plan to get

here (Kuwait, Middle East) we have some fish very expensice and in us very cheap
and we have some very cheap and in us very expensive

Last edited:
Back