ORA Mandarins

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
one of my LFS is getting in a pair of blues from ORA next week and his going to hold them for me.
The new ones that eat prepared foods.
Anything I need to know about having the pair in my tank?

I have heard that the ORA mandarins are not quite glitch-free yet. It seems they have a pattern of going on hunger strike once they are introduced into their new tank. Be prepared to have live food ready for them in case they do this.

Read the same thing on RC.

Besides being tank bred or raised,there really is no different then other mandarins.It could take some coaxing to get them on frozen/pellets.

I'm interested to see how they work out for you Dennis. I'm also looking to get a Mandarin and might go with the ORA if they're worth it. Best of luck to you. When do you expect to get them?

Lets just hope Biff closes the POTM contest before he posts! It seems to be the Mandarin month any way. I still like my clowns tho! Cant wait for the pics and the report!

Got'em! :D

They are much smaller than i expected! My scooter blenny is like twice the size, easily.
$115 of smallness! :rolleyes:

If i get them acclimated before sundown and they don't go into hiding I'll grab a pic. Or I'll try to get a pic of them in the bucket.

Ok wise guys! :D

Here's a pic of each one. Best I could get at this point since they are doing exactly what I figured they wood, hiding amongst the rock work.

Is there a way to tell the gender? One is definitely larger than the other but other than that I'm having a difficult time seeing much difference.

983787701_TfU3g-O.jpg

983787683_hTgmk-O.jpg

Back