ORA Red Planet tabling acropora

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
I've been wanting one of these for a while, I finally got one!
redplanet01.jpg
:Cheers:

That came straight from ORA to me, the LFS only had it for 20 minutes. I had them call me as soon as it came in. Thats very light green color. This frag has more green than red, but I'm predicting that will change to more red than green over time in my tank. I'm gonna try and lay it down to see how it well it grows as opposed to keeping it vertical. I remember seeing someone post some growth results from this coral laying down on this forum and it looked great. Was it ccapt? I can't remember

Polyps started peeking out last night, about 5 hours after I added it. Right now it's about a foot below the 250w halides. I love this coral!

I wouldn't lay that down. It will cause the under side to brown out. Laying sps down is more for when you are fragging. It gives the coral more surface area to start to grow. Yours is pretty encrusted on that plug. I would get that sucker in the sweet spot of the tank and let it grow. Unless you want to frag me a piece.

hmmmm that's true, it may do that. well, I guess I'll just leave it upright then :)
What are the odds a little frag would survive shipping to WI in the cold? It'd probably be cheaper to just buy a full size frag locally at that point lol

i have mine glued on the edge of my rock with one end facing the sand and one end facing the light and it has the same color throughout

I have the Bird of Paradise seriatopora now, has a nice green base but PE sucks right now. Maybe it'll be ready for fragging in a few months. both the red planet and BoP are about 1 1/4" tall.

Jag,Just bag it back up and send it to Georgia. :D
Thats a good looking acro.
Have you posted a pic of that seriatopora?

the red planet was $50, which is a fair price for this one from what I've seen.
Go to reefcentral and do a search for "Randy's 2 part" for a good hommade receipe for cal/alk additives.
I've been using arm&hammer for a week now and its doing a good job balancing the alk

Thanks Jag! I'm using Randy's 2 part and dripping Kalk. Tested this morning and got 10dkh and 420cal. Sweet! I just got a lil too SPS happy and just about crashed the tank. Looks like things are back to normal. BTW a lfs here has the mini (1.5") Red planets for $35 I think I might get one.

Back