Orange bug ID

Andy

Reefing newb
What are the orange bugs next to the copepods in this picture? Not sure if they are beneficial or harmful.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    528.5 KB · Views: 381
Flatworms. Bad. You need to treat your tank with Flatworm Exit. It's reef safe, so follow the directions and don't be afraid to use more than the recommended dose if need be. Be ready to do a big water change afterwards (flatworms are toxic) and have carbon ready to run for a few days afterwards.

Found a few good posts. I'm heading out for a mandarin and some flatworm exit. I was looking for an excuse to get a mandarin anyways. Thanks

Everything that I have read says that the mandarin is less than a 50/50 chance of them eating flatworms. Note, that is something that I have just read, no experience on that.

However, flatworm exit works like a charm. I have used it twice and both times all the flatworms were gone in 30 minutes.

The mandarin may or may not eat them. Probably not. And if you have enough that you are seeing them on your glass and rocks, you have too many for a fish to take care of.

Back