Orange Shoulder Tang

Since the Orange Shoulder Tang has settled in, I realize that he's kind of a PITA. So I figured I'd post just in case somebody does a search in the future.

He's getting along with everybody just fine, they had their typical issues for the first few days. But what I'm noticing (and this could just be my fish, not all Orange Shoulders)...He moves massive amounts of sand around the tank.. He'll get under a rock and just start wagging his tail (alot like clowns do)..but since he's 5 inches long, sand goes everywhere....Now I've got mounds of sand all over my tank., he's throwing it up onto corals, it clouds up the tank. etc....Hopefully he'll chill out, because I'm not gonna be dusting off corals everday.

I've never know of any kind of tang doing that before. Maybe he's just trying to get your undivided attention.:dunno:

Here are some pics...kinda hard to see. But you can see how much he mounds the sand up. And you can see pebbles laying in my coral.

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 306
  • sand2.jpg
    sand2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Culprit.jpg
    Culprit.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 332
Yeah, he was all scratched up form being crammed in a small tank with alot of rock...now he's got plenty of swimming room and has healed up pretty nicely. If you look real closely about 3/4 the way down his body from his head you can see the vertical line that he gets as an adult....Look Reeeaaaal close.:D

if a fish swims too slow and too close to him, he'll whack the fish in the head with one of his long legs. Funny.
Haha, gotta get me one of them! Like an old man with a stick!

And looking good PRC! :D

Back