Orange Skunk Clown

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
Hello,
Does anyone have an orange skunk clown? My son likes them. Everything i can find on them say they stay relatively small like the ocellaris. He wants to put one in the Biocube 14 with the YWG and pistol shrimp. I thought maybe 2 would be better since the watchman is possessive over his pistol. We can't find 2 and I thought maybe if we got 2 an ocellaris and the orange skunk may be able to go together.

This would be all we put in the tank. There is no coral in the tank just rocks and sand. This will be the only addition to the tank. We have our main 90 DT.

Any thoughts.

Mixing clowns is typically a bad idea. The species (generally) do not get along. I wouldn't risk it in such a small tank.

It's weird because Live Aquaria says that an Ocellaris needs a 20, but many people have suggested that I put a pair of them in the Biocube. A skunk clown gets 4" vs the ocellaris gets 3 1/2" so I don't understand the 10 gallons difference. Also I know that many other factors go into the whole fish thing. I would never put a tang in a Biocube. It all gets so confusing.

I know there are other fish to put in this size tank and that the parameters are very tricky. I like the pygmy wrasse for instance but I don't want to put a $50 fish in the Biocube. We'll figure it out. No rush.

It's weird because Live Aquaria says that an Ocellaris needs a 20, but many people have suggested that I put a pair of them in the Biocube. A skunk clown gets 4" vs the ocellaris gets 3 1/2" so I don't understand the 10 gallons difference. Also I know that many other factors go into the whole fish thing. I would never put a tang in a Biocube. It all gets so confusing.

I know there are other fish to put in this size tank and that the parameters are very tricky. I like the pygmy wrasse for instance but I don't want to put a $50 fish in the Biocube. We'll figure it out. No rush.

1/2 inch goes a long way in saltwater
It goes back to, skunks are a bit longer there much taller and a bit wider. That means they produce more waste. Also skunks swim more and are more aggressive. etc. etc.

You could go with a pair of these, Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Firefish

I also agree that I think the BC would be too small for two of the skunks.
Something else to consider is that when they say your tank is 14g that's including the chambers in back, which means you really only have about 10g of space in the tank. Most people don't realize or know that.

Back