Orange Spotted Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp

viperbjd

Reefing newb
I just want to know what you guys think...I was thinking of getting a pair of each for my 40 breeder...for some reason I was thinking pistol shrimp were bad...I don't remember...:question:

They can be noisy, that is the major issue most people have with them. But gobies will fight with other gobies, so only one per tank unless you have a very large tank. Also i would try and get a shrimp and goby that are already paired up that store, it can be very difficult to get them to pair up in your tank.

I have two tiny hitchhiker pistols that came on live rock and I freakin hate them. They pop randomly and it can be loud and annoying especially if its in your bedroom or TV room.

I have a pistol in my 125g :) He wasn't a hitchhiker -- I bought him paired with a goby (who died, then paired with one of my firefish, who eventually died, too....but not because of the pistol), but he's still there, and hasn't bothered the fish. He does make clicking sounds. It sounds like crackling. It's how I know he's still alive lol But he's my li'l dude.

Back