Orange Spotted Shrimp Goby and TigerPistol Shrimp

InsanityPrawnBoy

Reefing newb
I have done some research and I want a Goby and Pistol shrimp in my 10 gallon tank. I first looked at the YWG and the Carribean Pistol shrimp but they seemed alittle too ordinary. After a little research I found 2 that caught my eye. The orange spotted Shrimp Goby and the tiger pistol Shrimp. Will they for them bond in my tank(I have caves and fine sand along with alot of rock)?

Is there anything wrong with this choice? Also these will be the only fish(besides a scarlet cleaner shrimp and corals).

Thank you

It's never definite that a pistol shrimp and goby will pair up but to increase your odds, add the shrimp first, close to where you'd like it to burrow. After it starts digging in add the goby in the same spot. With a little luck, the goby will dive right into the same burrow.

So when I am ready(not for another month or two depending on the cycle and cash flow) I should buy the different days or at the same time? Then put the shrimp in while the goby is acclimating?

Thanks for the response

You can buy them at the same time, just toss the shrimp in first then the goby a couple mins after.

It shouldn't, I've got a couple of pistols in my nano and they never seem to be bothered by my snails

Back