orange tentacle ''things'' coming out of live rock.

Glandrau12

Reefing newb
last week i got some live rock for my new 10gal aquarium. I've been noticing these orange tentacle things partially coming out of the rock. i have never seen this before and would like to know if they could potentially be harmful to corals. so far I've seen about 4 or 5 individuals in the rock, some smaller than others. (the largest one is maybe about 1/4th of an inch long, not including two tentacles that stretch out) they are all some shade of orange and thin looking, the smallest being the darkest orange on the largest a lighter color. I've never seen their entire body b.c they stay in the holes on the rock. they have about seven or eight tentacles each with two of them curling up and then stretching out a little over an inch or so sweeping the water or actually grabbing sand from the substrate and bringing it up to its hole. I've tried taking pictures but i dont have a good enough camera. i'll try to borrow one to post some pictures later on. does anyone have any ideas as to what they may be? and if i do have to remove them, how to do so without killing all my other inverts in the process. :

I have a lot of spaghetti worms and that seems to be what you are referring to... here is a picture of one that invaded an empty snail shell and has been living happily ever after. They are good for your tank as they are part of the cleanup crew.

c85ba2a3.jpg

I have a lot of spaghetti worms and that seems to be what you are referring to... here is a picture of one that invaded an empty snail shell and has been living happily ever after. They are good for your tank as they are part of the cleanup crew.
awesome pic of them

hmm, it looks like they could be spaghetti worms. they dont have as much tentacles as the pics i've seen though. :/ i'll just keep my eyes on it. thanks for the help. :D

Back