Ordered My Skimmer today

LionFish

Resident Photoshopper
Skimmer.jpg

Any one own one of these or heard anything about them

Coralife SuperSkimmer ( I got the 65 model)

I don't have one but have heard they work well for the money.(Yote will be please!).Like alot of skimmers,it may be a bit finicky in the beginning.

Finicky How bubbles? not collecting?

I wonder if it will help my Murky ( cant see from one side of tank to the other) condition

You'll love that skimmer Lion.
But be for warned,you'll pull your hair out untill you get it adjusted.
When you go to hook it up make sure the pump is no more than 4 inches below the water surface,and run the ball valve thats between the pump and skimmer,half closed for the first 3 or 4 days.
After it gets broke in you'll have this to contend with:
skimmer.jpg

Last edited:
All it takes is sticking your hand in the water for half a second and you'll have a tank clouded with extremely tiny bubbles.
They are a pain in the butt to get adjusted,but once its dialed in,you can beat it. I have to empty the cup every day,and its always thick,black,and smells like a bad septic system.

Last edited:
I used it HOB up untill about a month ago.Now its in-sump.
If you have any trouble,feel free to send a PM,If that dont work,i'll pm you my # and we'll MAKE it work.

you will like it. i have one too and it works great!

yote, how does yours do in the sump? does it catch more gunk? mine we be in sump in about a week. do you have yours setting on the bottom, or did you hang it off the side of the sump?

sorry about the thread hijack lionfish.

I cant tell any difference in HOB or in-sump Fish.It still does an awesome job of pulling gunk.I just hung it over the side,like on the tank.

Wannarace
I was going to post a link for you,but they went up on the price.When I got my CSS it was $75.00,now its $103.00.And I bought mine back in Feburary.

ok yote

I got it in ans set up I have a Few Questions.

1 is it normal for the Difuser to over flow in the tank ?

2 I need to know the Flow rate of the needle wheel pump ?

3 and the flow rate of the water adjuster?

in other words what do I need to be looking for ? ( alot of bubbles in the chamber when its open ) or do I want it to be mellow hardly no bubbles in the canaster and more noise from the pump...

Ill Pm you my Number

Back