Ordering a few fish...

naperenterprise

Likes it here...
Whats up everybody....

I'm going to be ordering a Yellow Headed Moray Eel, and a Volitan Lion.
They will live in my 440 gallon lobster tank.

This tank has a large mountain of live rock, aprox 600 pounds, some corals, this tank will be primarilly a pred. tank.

Righ now the only fish that live in here are a school of green chrome, and one bi-color psudeo.

I can't catch them... Hopefully the lion or eel wont catch them either...

Anyway, what else do you suggest I order to compliment the two fish mentioned above??

this might be out of your budget but if you want something to stand out then instead of that eel go with a japanese dragon eel
dragoneel.jpg

I like them alot, but my supplier does carry them. I haven't seen them on the market for a while. Do you know who is selling them? I thing Live Aquaria stopped a long time ago? I really like the yellow head moray too!

FimbriatedMorayEel0306.jpg

? wont the lionfish eat the clownfish dustin, or was that a joke. and those fish in there right now are going to be threatend and may end up giving ich to the rest of your fish so my advice would be get them out first.? other than that your tank sounds awesome.I know some people catch small fast fish with fishing line. just wait until you get a reply.

O! sorry Dustin I thought that you meant clownfish not clown tang. How about a clown triggerfish,huma huma, or my favorite the niger trigger fish.

You could try a Green Bird Wrasse. They grab other fish and bash them into the rocks to break them into bite sized chunks and they get pretty big too. Another really colorful fish is the Blue Lined Trigger. They get big too, but eh, no sticking of the hands in the tank then.

two eels? You think that would be ok?

My eel selection is:
Banded Moray Eel;
Snowflake Moray
Yellow Head Moray Eel

Thats a great Idea... Maybe I'll get all 3 of them.... any one think this is a bad idea?

why not get another eel too like a snowflake eel?

Last edited:
Well.My LFS used to have a Mexican Horned,leaperd,and some other type of eel in a 380.All 3 were well over 2ft long.The only problems came from trying to clean the tank.Because all 3 liked to bite.

NICE! I need a new challenge!
And in this tank they will get huge! DIMENSIONS: 72" L x 50"W x 53" H
Well.My LFS used to have a Mexican Horned,leaperd,and some other type of eel in a 380.All 3 were well over 2ft long.The only problems came from trying to clean the tank.Because all 3 liked to bite.

Hmmm... Well there is a good eight inches along the outside edge, and I have an old water bed pad along the edge as well... do you think they will still escape?

Back