Ordering from..

ironnie7i

Reefing newb
Has anyone used Glasscages.com to order their tanks? I'm interested in ordering my 90 gallon tank from them. What do you guys think?

Okay,

I belong to the MTRC(Middle Tennessee Reefers Club) and live about 90 minutes away from them.They get mixed reviews for their tanks.Customer service,sloppy silicone and their short 90 day warranty is what I hear the most that is bad.Some of the good things is they seem to take more care when building rimless tanks which looks pretty darn good.At least the rimless tanks I've seen from them.I'm not saying don't go with them.Weigh the positives and negatives,then decide for yourself.I did just get a custom size tank built,not by them though.I could not live with the short 90 day warranty.You must either don't want to be bothered by customers or you have little faith in your tanks.

What sizes and are you getting a tank and stand?I can link to some other companies that build custom size tanks if you want.

I've basically heard the same thing as reeffreak. Some people haven't had any problems with their tanks and some have come home to a lake in their house and pretty much a response of deal with it from their customer service dept. My opinion would be to inspect the tank hardcore when you get it if you do decide to deal with them.

Thanks for the info. Im thinking of going with a 90 gallon reef ready tank. I was also looking at Oceanic tanks and Marineland. Do you guys know what other companies make good tanks?

All of the mass market companies make 90g. reef ready glass tanks.Aqueon,Oceanic,Marineland,Top Fin,Perfecto and they all will get the job done.

Personally,I would use only use a tank builder if I was looking for a custom size,euro-braced or rimless tank..For example,standard 90g. tanks are 24'' tall.If I wanted something around 90g. but more shallow ,say 18'' tall and 30'' wide then I would go with a tank builder.

Thanks for the info. Im thinking of going with a 90 gallon reef ready tank. I was also looking at Oceanic tanks and Marineland. Do you guys know what other companies make good tanks?

Oceanic has discontinued their Oceanic Tech Tank series - however, I'm sure you can find it at many retailers or resellers still; it was an incredibly popular tank from 2006.

I personally just upgraded to the Oceanic Tech Tank (and stand) and have been incredibly impressed with both. The reviews I read on Marineland were very bad, which is what made me go with Marineland, so something to consider.

Back