Ordering off of the internet?

stb06

Reefing newb
Any thoughts on ordering fish and inverts off of the internet? Do they arrive alive most of the time? Any popular sites that seem to work well?

Thanks for the help!!!

I like the idea of supporting local businesses, so I purchase live fish and coral locally. However, I've heard of great service from the two docs.

i like to look at the fish and corals before i buy to but sometimes that is just impractical and uneconomical for me so i do order alot of livestock off the internet and i think i have only lost two fish that i have ordered over the internet but since they were guaranteed by liveaquaria.com i got my money right back no questions asked

I have has 100% success with inverts from www.garf.org. I have ordered litterally hundreds of snails from them and not 1 was dead. Crabs too. They do great corals too. Wonderful helpful people and fair priced. Sometimes he will throw free stuff in.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from liveaquaria everything arrived alive. They have the 14 day grantee.

Ok. Thank you for all the help!!! Time to order! I know I should take it slow when adding fish my aquarium. But what is the rule for inverts and coral? I plan on getting a clean up crew. Can I just add them all at once?

Thanks again!!!!

i was order them slow so that you dont order to many. and you should let your tank mature a little before you start adding corals

i have never really figured out that website

Its kinda hard, the website is poorly put together as they are older reef nerds, not webmasters. In fact the order process is kinda 2 part. You submit your order and they call you later for credit card info. They are great though.

I've at least use the internet a dozen times for coral and fish purchases.I've only loss one fish and it was credited,no questions ask from Live Aquaria,their Diver's Den section.

I've made a few purchases from Blue Zoo Aquatics with good results too.I've just made an order today,I tell you how it goes.

Back