other fish with clowns...

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
i was just curious of what fish i could put in with my two occelaris clownfish and my scooter blenny in my 30 gallon reef. im looking to add one or two more fish with some color, what are some good fish to add? tank has been running for 3.5 months

Yellow Coris Wrasse would be my choice.Bright yellow fish with a lot of personality.
They like to sleep buried in the sand bed.Plus there supposed to be reef safe.

I would go withe purple firefish over the yellow coris wrasse. They like to snack on snails when they get hungry. I had a school of three in the past and they would be seen eating snails.

Go with a pipefish. They are pretty cool, or a pygmy angelfish - a potter's, or flame.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

oooo, I forgot about that Royal Gramma. they are super pretty. I killed one of them once...

-Dr Marco :sfish:

clown gobies are nice small fish. there are lots of different species of gobies (one of my favorite species) that stay small. you can check out this link for some ideas. i really like the flaming prawn goby. i'm just not going to shell out that kind of money for a fish yet.

Gobies

I was told that wrasse like to snack, how about Banggai cardinal fish, they like to stay out in the open a lot. I agree with the Goby family they are colorful ad like to stay out once comfortable.

I have two cardinals. Not banggai, but pajamas. They are cool looking. Not very colorful, but definitely unique. They do like to hang out in the open. They are peaceful and not aggressive at all, if they are in a tank with really aggressive fish it can be hard for them to get enough food. I think they'd be a great choice for your tank.

I had Banggai before.There not very colorful.Hungry,hungry hippo for such a small fish.They don't do nothing but hover in one place.

i have 2 clowns with a blue tang, and they are always swimming together and seem to get along...just the only thing is that the blue tang is kinda shy, if you get close to the tank he tends to get away and hide except when it's time to feed, then he'll come and go, he's a very fast fish as well as funny, i like the tang better than my clowns

i also noticed that by looking at pics from other members here, their tank is not full of bubbles, but mine is, and idk y, is that bad? what i'm doing wrong??

Back