Our next fish?

angels tend to be a bit on the aggressive side of life with smaller fish. Add the coral beauty last. put in the other fish first.

-Doc

who was that that put a foxface in like a 10 gallon recently and we all told him to take it back immediately? i dont remember

My friend has a foxface in a 55 gallon. He got the tank for 200$ including 100 lbs of live rock, sump, skimmer, stand, lights, and livestock. The lady he got it from neglected it, for the last month or 2 hes been trying to get all the fish back to health, but the foxface is still very sickly looking and skinny. I wouldnt put one in a tank that small.

Foxfaces are a hardy fish,But mine tends to a lot of open places to swim.
He'll spend all day just swiming laps around my 75.Plus they tend to like a lot of hair algae to munch on.

I will go against conventional widsom and say that a one-spot, which doesn't ever get more than 6 inches, might do OK in a 50 gallon. The other rabbitfish get to 8-10 inches and would not be appropriate. The one-spot is the tiny cousin and should be OK (not in a 10 gallon though). As long as they have 4 feet in length of tank to swim, that is what they need. I saw a trade in from my LFS that was 6 years old and barely reached 5 inches. It was a fat sucker, but not very long. Just my :twocents:

-Doc

I like your answer best Doc, unfortunately my 46 is a bowfront and only 3 feet long.......I would have loved something that could reach 5-6 inches in there.

oops. if it is only three feed, then....try a yellow coris wrasse or a neon dottyback or hell, it is your tank, why are you listening to me?

-Doc

Back