Over 700 Fish & 200 Corals Poisoned in Toronto...

Oh wow that's AWFUL! It looks like everything in their store was wiped out!

Although I disagree with this statement:

He suggested that only someone with training and knowledge of fish and the conditions they need to survive would be able to pull off the job.

It doesn't take any type of special training or knowledge to sneak some bleach in a fast food cup into the store and when the employees have their backs turned, dump the cup into a tank.

They have said on the radio and I am not sure if it is from a reliable source, but there has been a lot of jealousy towards the store because of the success it has been having! So I think they are implying that it is someone from another store or a past employee or something in that nature.

I hope they catch whoever did it. I know at all of the LFS around here have excellent security cameras.

Jenna

You sound experienced Biff. :shock: :mrgreen:

Someone did that at Southwest several years back, in their old location. Someone also was stealing corals, and Rob thinks it was a person that was coming in with a giant 7-Eleven cup pretending to have a drink.

That is gross, I was at my LFS and they said they have been having an issue with people throwing penny in to the tank 'for good luck' they now have covers on all of there tanks.

There's a lot of competition between the lfs's here, backstabbing/badmouthing each other. An old friend of mine started an LFS in our area, and he was doing well, then all of a sudden, business really slowed...he found out that one of the other bigger established lfs' had been bad mouthing his business. Whether or not that caused his downfall, combined with a bad economy, I don't know, but it couldn't have helped. That sucks.

Talk about your "coral bleaching."

Had this been a puppy store, there would be federal charges of animal abuse.

Kennedy, I assume you mean Tropical Isle? There are some other good LFS around Boston too. :)

If I caught somebody,ANYBODY,pouring bleach in any stocked tank,or throwin a penny in an invert tank.Guess I'd be arrested for murder in the 1st because I'd kill em.

There was some guy that tryed to shoplift a clam of the LFS I help at.Tryed to sneak it out in his pocket.:shock:

I'm not sure I'd get violent, but I'd sure blow the whistle to store employees if I caught them. I'd be in the parking lot writing down their tag number and a description of the getaway vehicle.

I caught a guy stealing fish from my LFS. I took an employee and we stopped him. I threw my badge in his face, made him present an I.D. We took back 4 fish, and this dumb ass left his drivers liscence out. I snatched it up. The idiot took off and when P.D. arrived I gave it to them, saying he dropped it.

Back