overflow box

fishanova

Reefing newb
im looking to get a life reef overflow box but dont know which to choose,the 600gph or the 1200 for a 72 gallon with a 20g sump..some help please

As a comparison point, I have a 70 gallon tank with a 29 gallon sump. I installed a CPR CS90 overflow box rated for 600GPH paired it with a mag drive model 7 for the return pump and quit happy with the flow through the sump. Can you go higher, absolutely, but my opinion that meant bigger pumps and more noise and do not use the return as a major part of circulation, that is what I use circulating pumps for (very quit). just my opinion

i run a 1000gph return pump with a diy hob overflow box handles everything really well and very quite and if you ever want to go with a bigger tank you dont have replace the pump

thanks rob m that is a good point about the circulation pumps,also yes emmett i would like to upgrade one day so going with the bigger over flow is prolly a good choose thanx for the advice well probably need some more help on geeting this new tank up and going so thanx agin.

Back