Overflow Problem...

sorry the picture,if its the tube with the elbow you can take a dremel and cut just below the overflow box making everything easier to remove

no dont even use the same parts,cut off just below the box so you can get to the other parts then put new parts on the box once the old is removed,you can find parts at lowes or home depot that will fit,i wouldnt glue anything,i used silicone to seal my joints,that way all i would have to do is give it a good twist to pop it loose but it wouldnt leak in the mean time

no dont even use the same parts,cut off just below the box so you can get to the other parts then put new parts on the box once the old is removed,you can find parts at lowes or home depot that will fit,i wouldnt glue anything,i used silicone to seal my joints,that way all i would have to do is give it a good twist to pop it loose but it wouldnt leak in the mean time

But if I cut right below the box then get new parts and reglue them on the pipe, the overflow would be lower?

i would say if you can get a dremel inside the box to cut away some of the corner piece then give it a try. if it doesn't work out you can get a whole new pipe and fitting like reeftanker was saying.

Soo, I got the elbow out. :bounce::bounce:

But, the box broke in half!!! :frustrat::frustrat:

Where can I get a new one??

OMG the hole is in the back. :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42SR40LM8kI&feature=related]‪700gph overflow from Glass-Holes.com‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

What's the point of tempered glass anyway? It didn't seem to protect the tank from scratching...

Why do you want one bigger?

The one I had was really small (6" X 2.5" X 6"). I guess it would work but it's broken now so it's size is irrelevant. I was more hoping someone knew a place to get overflow boxes at all. I couldn't find much in my searches.

How about having a little patience.

I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I'm sure someone who does will let you know soon.

Thanks for getting rid of the ridiculous signature.

Back