Override the timer for moonlight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by AuntKaren, Mar 31, 2006.

1. AuntKaren

AuntKaren

:grumble: We have a 24G Nano DX
    The moonlight lamp and the other lamps are on the same on/off switch. We have the light(s) on a timer and the moonlight is never on in the dark. Could someone guide me through reconnecting or something so that we can turn the moonlight on after the main lighting goes off?

AuntKaren, Mar 31, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. AuntKaren

amonya

Why would you want the actinic lights to come back on after lights out?most of the time youll need two stripps both with timers to have a dawn dusk effect.

amonya, Apr 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. AuntKaren

jhnrb

Provide a link where I can view the specs for your light system. seems to me if moon lights are what you have, then they should be able to operate when the mains are off. something not right here. so post a link and ill take a look at what you have and see if i can help.

jhnrb, Apr 12, 2006
  4. AuntKaren

AuntKaren

Actually I got some detailed instructions with pictures on how to override it. If you like I can provide you with that link. It is very well done and even an electrical novice like myself can follow the directions.

AuntKaren, Apr 13, 2006
  5. AuntKaren

jhnrb

good luck glad you found the information your needed. once its done and if all is well post your directions and light hood model and manufacturer in the diy forum. others will probably like to see it. good luck with your lights

jhnrb, Apr 13, 2006
  6. AuntKaren

Butch 36

I do airconditioning..so I used a refrigeration timer that has normally open and normally closed circuits..So you would hook the moon lights to the normally closed circuit and your reg.lights on the normally open circuit.They are made to last.they can go inside or outside.HEAVY DUTY....kinda complicated...or you can use two timers

Butch 36, Apr 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question