Overwhelmed!!!

No, if you use a hang on the back overflow box, you do not need to drill, and the sump and equipment would still go under the tank. The overflow box uses a siphon to draw water out of the tank, over the side down PVC plumbing, and down into the sump.

I completely understand now. Thank you kindly!!!!!
Overflows out of the tank, to the smaller tank underneath where the filter, skimmer and heaters are. Then use a pump to pump the water from the smaller tank up to the bigger tank. Is that all just to avoid having things hanging off the tank? Seems like if I got this
BIG MOMBASA Hang On Venturi Skimmer with Overflow Box - (eBay item 300144400451 end time Aug-29-07 19:21:58 PDT)
And had a hang on the back filter and heaters and a couple power heads I would be good. Right???

Hmmm.. That skimmer looks a lot like the Sea Clone. Don't come up short, go for the "better" Skimmer. Checkout the Coralife Super Skimmer, great skimmer for the price. You honestly will save yourself money by doing it right the first time.

Back to what I had originally planned on getting. The super skimmer and emperor 400.
I'm sure that'll change again unless I just start ordering stuff...

Now Shane,You can run the super skimmer in a sump.Mine actually hangs on the side of my sump just like it would on the display tank.

buy remora there awesome, next to no maintenance, most hang on skimmers are a pain to adjust air and water flow, remora you just move cup up or down, no impellar to keep clean.

Back