Paint the back help

nobody

Reefing newb
I am setting up a used tank and want to paint the back. I am looking for advise on how to best approch this.

1. Clening and prep.
2. Paint type to use.
3. Color to use. Black or Blue

I am looking for advise and what others are using. Thanks

Cleaning and prep, just wipe the tank off with some water and vinegar, rinse well with water and let it dry.

Easiest paint type to use is spray paint. Cheap, fast and effective. Tape around the edges and spray it until it's coated. You can also vary the thickness of the spray to give it a different look.

The color is your preference -- I like black the best. It makes the fish and coral's colors stand out better. Some people like blue. Some people like to start with dark blue on the bottom and gradually use a lighter blue as they go upwards, blending. It's up to you.

i didnt think about the blend. hummmm i like that idea.
i went all black and yes spray it caus god dam it sucks to roll it on.
blue reminds me of a pet store look. all black is good but a blend may be something interesting to see.

I used patriotic blue. I love the color and it makes corals and fish stand out perfectly.
Krylon makes a paint, it's called Krylon Fusion and the color is patriotic blue.

Makes a good looking tank in my opinion.

i think alot of people use black because it adds contrast to the color in ur tank, and also the hardware blends in better...ie. powerheads and skimmers and stuff...

i used a darker blue to give a little deeper look then a standard blue i usually see in tanks....i think its called global blue.

Back