Painting the back of my tank

WarmWaterDiver

Reefing newb
What kind of paint does everyone use to paint the back of their tank? I have a new glass tank that I want to paint but I can't find a paint that will adhere to glass.

Any black spray paint will do. The last one I did was my 29 and used the .97 can from walmart. Another paint I used was krylon fusion the one that bonds to plastic....well it bonds to glass as well.

doh! why didnt i think about that......I assume its bad to paint after the water is in :(

I wouldnt.
But you can use a black table cloth or shower curtan on the back and do just as good.I had the wife get me a black shower curtan and use the magnets from my korialias to hold it up.
A piece of black poster board will work just a well too.

I left it open. I like the see-thru view. the back glass just gets covered with coralline anyway.

-Doc

Clean all the dust off with window cleaner or vinegar.Make sure none gets inside the tank so cover it if possible.Do a thin coat,then let dry and do another coat.Keep adding a coat of paint til light can't penetrate through the glass.It does not peel or flake off as long as its not a glossy paint.It will only drip if you hold the can to close and not move in a flowing motion.Even if it drips,you won't be able to see it from the front anyways.

Back