Panther Grouper

jlong1989

Reefing newb
My newest addition hes about 1 1/2" to 2" long and I have him in my 40 gallon reef tank so he can get alittle bigger so he can hold his own with my aggressive fish in my FOWLR 180 gallon

IMG_1549 by jeffl1989, on Flickr

I got a annaularis angel adult, a niger trigger, snowflake eel, stars and stripes puffer, blue eye puffer, and a dogface puffer. I will be getting a golden puffer eventually and a new mappa puffer because he got killed by my coral hind. The coral hind decided he wanted to try and eat the puffer and the puffer puffed up inside its mouth and they both died lol.

Sorry to hear that...
I would love to see a pic,sounds like a nice group of fish ...I love the Annularis ,was close to getting one ,but in a 125 with a koran already, it probably wouldn't end well.
Within a year i'm upgrading and plan on getting an annularis and a French...would love a golden puffer too

EDIT: +1 Erin,an upgrade is almost inevitable .

Panther groupers were one of the reasons I first got into this hobby. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to keep them with anything else I wanted!

I got the angel for a really good deal. Only 90 dollars. The LFS owner told me hes had him for over 4 months thinking someone would buy it but he decided to give me a deal on it and I took it. Felt bad for the fish since hes been in a 20 gallon tank the whole time

I don't think he will get that big because thats probably in the wild. I'm thinking somewhere in the 1 foot range but eventually like in 2-5 years I want to get a 240 gallon tank so i would move him into there

:lol: Full Tank Shot

I think you'll be OK for a couple years...looks like your puffers are still smallish,but IDK,its hard to tell

Back