Par38

Help me find a dimmable par38 bulb thats in stock. Ive been looking and cant seem to locate one. I want to order this Friday.... Ive found this on ebay but im being gun shy because well in his pictures its just the picture of the bulb and the one of the tank doesnt even look like its the actual lights. He does have good feeback but idk.....i dont wanna order through amazon either so no links to amazon plz. Any help would be much appricated.:Cheers:

Dimmable New PAR38 12W Watt Led Aquarium Reef Coral White Blue Grow Light | eBay

LEDWholesalers is the only one I know of, and they are oit of stock. I'd contact them and ask when they will have them back.

Here Dana, I dont have any experience with these guys but do know a couple people that did ok with the company.. been awhile since then though..
Dimmable PAR 38 Aquarium Lamp
was thinking of installing trac lighting over the 150 gallon I have for a different look do you guys think I could get the penetration on a 28 in depth with these? or any par 38?

Last edited:
Here Dana, I dont have any experience with these guys but do know a couple people that did ok with the company.. been awhile since then though..
was thinking of installing trac lighting over the 150 gallon I have for a different look do you guys think I could get the penetration on a 28 in depth with these? or any par 38?

Yes, but you'd probably need at least two bulbs for each two foot section, possibly more

sorry to jack the thread Dana, I was thinking of throwing 10 over my 72 inch tank.. Have a friend that did it and it is a gorgeous looking setup.. I was just worried about the depth..

I see a pre order button not a button to buy....

I was looking at that bulb for my 10g Fast - it's dimmable, but has to be on a household dimmer switch, not dimmable like the one Erin has where it comes with a controller. But, the one from ebay/amazon that has the controller has really mixed reviews, with lots of people noting that the bulb starts running hot within a few weeks to months, and ultimately individual diodes not working or the bulb itself not turning on due to overheating and burning out. After reading the reviews, I decided not to go with the dimmable version from amazon/ebay. Still haven't totally decided whether to go the Par38 route or wait for the new marineland reef capable LED fixture with individual timers for the whites/blues. Now, given my earlier post about my acans losing color under my AIs, I think if I go with a Par38 over my 10g it will be the one from Orphek, which you can get with 2 UV and 1 red diode. Its quite a bit more, but I guess worth it to have the right color spectrum with low risk of burning out or using more energy than my 1 outlet-per-room apartment can handle LOL

Sorry Dana, that was my very long winded way of saying if you go with a Par38 bulb, I vote for the one Fast posted! Marine Depot has them for $199

Yea my bad for not updateing this.....i did A LOT of research....the ones with the remote control have a mixed bag of results. Blue or whites going out, controller not working....and it only comes with 30 degree optics so i would need to order 90 degree optics for good spread...so i looked and looked....and well i found what im going to use and should be here by friday. heres the link....

LEDTRiC? PAR38 "zooman72" Full-Spectrum 18w ReefLamp | LEDTRiC - High-Quality LED Lighting for Reef Aquariums

Yea my bad for not updateing this.....i did A LOT of research....the ones with the remote control have a mixed bag of results. Blue or whites going out, controller not working....and it only comes with 30 degree optics so i would need to order 90 degree optics for good spread...so i looked and looked....and well i found what im going to use and should be here by friday. heres the link....

LEDTRiC? PAR38 "zooman72" Full-Spectrum 18w ReefLamp | LEDTRiC - High-Quality LED Lighting for Reef Aquariums

Interesting find! I'll be really curious to see how this works for you - looking at the mix, the only thing about this one that I'm not too keen on is that the whites are 6500Ks instead of 10K or 12Ks. But the other spectrum colors may make up for that difference, I don't really know. Let us know how your corals do under this full spectrum light!

On a separate note, has anyone with a PAR38 bulb found a good plug-in hanging fixture to use with it? I've been looking around and virtually all of the fixtures I've found are hard-wired pendants rather than plug in pendants.

Interesting find! I'll be really curious to see how this works for you - looking at the mix, the only thing about this one that I'm not too keen on is that the whites are 6500Ks instead of 10K or 12Ks. But the other spectrum colors may make up for that difference, I don't really know. Let us know how your corals do under this full spectrum light!

On a separate note, has anyone with a PAR38 bulb found a good plug-in hanging fixture to use with it? I've been looking around and virtually all of the fixtures I've found are hard-wired pendants rather than plug in pendants.

Well ive seen pix from his facebook. It pretty much looks like a crisp 14k look, if i wanna go bluer i can always order his moonlights....i also ordered his fixture for the par38 found here. yea hes sold out but im waiting for shipping next week

LEDTRiC? PAR38 ReefLamp Fixture | LEDTRiC - High-Quality LED Lighting for Reef Aquariums

Last edited:
Here a fellow mantis keepers tank with his par38's and fixtures from a diff forum. They are hanging from his ceiling.

Nuvo2038.jpg

Back