Pavona cactus & pocillapora

recliner

Reefing newb
I think I might trade a trumpet coral or a candy cane coral for a 2"x2" pavona cactus and a 1" frag of pocillapora, but I have want some opinions. First how many heads of trumpet coral or candy cane would be fair to trade in return? 2nd, my calcium is around 360-380 and I read that the pocillapora should have 400-450 to thrive, should I try to raise it? My trumpet, candy cane, birdsnest, and plating coral have all been doing great at the current level.

The trade value depends on the color and types of the corals you are trading. There are a lot of varieties of candy cane -- some are more valuable than others. I would try to raise your calcium, but levels of 360 to 380 are not going to hurt the corals. That isn't low enough to be considered bad.

I have a calcium reactor with 2 CO2 tanks sitting in my closet. Maybe its a good time to look into setting it up. The tanks are both empty though, where do I go to fill them? Any issues I should be aware of when using it? Ph level without using it is 8.2

Honestly I think I'd go the route of two part versus a calcium reactor - but I am sure others will chime in on how to properly use the reactor

Back