PB Blaster on RODI connection. Contamination worry?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by Zissou, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Zissou

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

For the life of me I can't get the washer hose off its faucet. I have the right tools, know the righty tighty lefty loosey thing, but it's just not coming off. I've banged on it a bit, tried to squeeze as tight as I can without crushing the threads, but I feel if I give it anymore torque it's just a break waiting to happen.

I've been holding off on using the PB blaster, (penetrating oil); there's bound to be a bit left over on the threads that won't come off. Is this little amount anything to worry about? I'm installing a Y fitting to split off the washer connection for the RODI.

I know the whole purpose of the RODI is to filter the water, but I just want to make sure, since a little oil goes a long way. In the meantime I've just been buying distilled water and the premixed stuff, which is a pain in the ass and waste of money.

Thoughts?

Zissou, Dec 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Zissou

Toolman RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

Are you trying to run this hose to remove it and put it back on after you get water? If yes why not try installing an inline "T" with a shut off and quick disconnect?

Toolman, Dec 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Zissou

dcantucson

I would worry about any oil in the water line myself. Can't you just clean it really good with some oil dissolver and a tooth brush or something? Then clean it off with vinegar water. :dunno:

dcantucson, Dec 14, 2010
  4. Zissou

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

The hot and cold water faucets each have a hose going to the washer. For me to get water for the RODI, I have to remove the cold hose from the faucet, and install a splitter. That way both the washer and RODI are fed, and all I'll have to do is turn a valve to feed the RODI.

Being that the hose won't come off the faucet, I can't install the splitter. So I'm trying to find a way to get the hose off without breaking anything, and without having to a call a plumber ($$$) to do it.

As far as an inline, it's a washer hose and not suited (I think?) to run a T into it. I can do it under the kitchen sink, but that's upstairs, and I hear you don't get as much pressure. :dunno:

Zissou, Dec 15, 2010
  5. Zissou

bjohanson1234 .........

I would use the PB blaster. IMO, not much will get inside the pipes since you are putting it on a hose connection. Just flush out the line really good. Any that gets through, will most likely get removed by the RO membrane.

bjohanson1234, Dec 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question