PE frozen mysis is the best you can get.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
Never seen it for sale till a couple a weeks ago. It was double the price of the usual mysis I buy, but it says it had a TON more protien then the other and figured it might help make the fish grow alittle faster. If you have never tried it before give it a shot. When you thaw this stuff out all the shrimp are full shrimp and large, makes it very easy to strain.

Anyway double the price but well worth it IMO. Just thought I would share.

hmm i've never paid attention to what i get, i just get whatever mysis shrip they have in the freezer.. guess i outta pay attention more...

I have only been feeding for a short time so no results yet. The fish do seem to go nuts for it and gobble it all up as soon as it hit the water.

All the shrimp in it are full and about a 1/4 inch each or so, so no tiny pieces falling through the strainer, and very easy to strain.

The crude protein in PE is 69.5% while the other stuff was 4 or 5 % so a HUGE difference in protein getting to the fish. Just make sure you rinse it first like the other stuff and it's great. Double the price. 10.00 for a 4 OZ pack and the old stuff was 4 something for a 3.5 oz pack, but WELL worth the extra cost IMHO.

The crude protein in PE is 69.5% while the other stuff was 4 or 5 % so a HUGE difference in protein getting to the fish.

well, maybe and maybe not, depends on how much the fish digestive system can extract... if 4-5% is all they can get out of thier food anyway, then you havent gained anything.

But i will agree that you are providing what seems to be a vastly superior food for them, so if they can use more from it, then they will.

see what i mean?

So has anyone else tried it yet? Here is a pic of one of the shrimp. There all about this size, but some are fatter.
tankpics041.jpg

Back