peanut worm?

wolfsbettas

Reefing newb
I was reading somewhere about them but they didnt have a good picture of one. has anyone here heard about them and do they have a good pic of one? Thanks Shaz

I've got well over 100 peanut worms in my tank,but no pics since they are nocturnal.They are completely safe.

Biffs link is a type of peanut worm.
But mine are kind of a black/smoke gray color with white/off white blotches or stripes.Usually see them poking out of hole in the rock after the lights are out for the night.

ok what do they eat?
acctually let me refrase that...I have what I think are two peanut worms...one is totaly greyish in color the other is greyish white with black stripes...when I have seen them out I see only maybe inch or 2 of them. Their head comes from inside out, forms a dot surrounded by small short tentacles...hangs out there for a moment then turns itself back into its body. I was figureing it is a filter feeder am I right? Sometimes it will grab a piece of my sand then drop it when it goes to close its mouth. They are kind of creepy and I wanted to suck one out of hte LR with a turkey baster but it wasnt strong enough. Shaz

Ever caught night crawlers to fish with?
They get about that size I guess.I've got a couple about as big a round as a standerd ink pen,and I guess 5 or 6 inches long when they stretch out.

wow...I hope mine dont get that big around right now they are about the size of the tube that holds the ink in a pen. So far I havent seen them stretched out that far.
And Yup I am great at crawler picking. Dont get me wrong I like worms, but only where they are supposed to be or where they are useful. Got several cultures of blackworms going for my freshwater Bettas right now. Shaz

Back