Peanut worms

yote

In Memoriam
I was watching my 55 last night and counted at least 35 of what looks like peanut worms( going off melvsreef ID).I have searched every thing I can find on them and have not come up with anything except that they live inside the rock.
What I need to know is are they good,bad,aggrisive,passive,whatever.
I cycled this tank with Fiji un-cured rock.
Any info would be apprecated.

Thanks Andy and Jelly,Now if the nitrites will just drop so I can put something in there to watch besides worms i'll be happy.

what kind of nutrient export do you have? also what's your water change schedule like? keep doing good weekly water changes and your nitrates will drop for sure.

AndyB4784 said:
what kind of nutrient export do you have? also what's your water change schedule like? keep doing good weekly water changes and your nitrates will drop for sure.

Right now the tanks still cycling Andy.Its got 25lbs of base rock and 45 to 50 lbs of LR. I used un-cured rock to cycle with,and since the trites havent dropped ,i've not done any water changes yet.I am how ever planing on doing 5 gallon a week once its ready for fish.
Once the cycles complete i'll be doing a 15 to 20 gallon change to drop the trates.
As for nutriant removel i'm running a coralife SS 65.

you should change you water evry week or two it helps cycle your tank faster and get your param to check. do a 10 to 15 gals every change. it'll get your readings to check faster. start adding calcium/alk, vitamins so when you are ready to add your corals it is already nutrient rich system. at least that's what i did to mine when i first started and on the 3rd week after setup my tank was ready for anything. start sunning your filtration such as skimmer and also your lights, have them turn on for about 5 hours a day untill it's cycled. just a suggestions which came from my experience.

Back