Peeling skin?

Redsprint

Reefing newb
Hello All,

I have some whitespot in my tank. The asfur angel has the traditional salty look. Sigh.... He is eating very well and acting normally so I was hoping he would just shake it off.

However I suspected my kole tang also had it as he was swimming round rapidly and looking very skittish. Today his skin looked blotchy and in a couple of sections seemed to be peeling! I,ve never seen that before. Is that white spot?

I assume that if I can,t get them out doing nothing is the best option. It is either that or tri sulfa.

Cheers

Paul

Honestly, if they're eating, you can just hope for the best.

Otherwise, you'll have to take out all the fish, treat them all, and leave the tank fishless for a few months while the last of whatever is ailing your fish die off (assuming it's ich).

Most of us just leave them alone, and make sure they eat and hope they fight it off themselves. I hope yours pull through!

Well point taken. Though I,m not the only one with white spot including people with tanks twice the size. But I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything. I appreciate that you probably mean undersized tank can be one cause.

When some of you say wait it out, how long does wait it out mean . A week, a month a year? And if they are to survive do the fish slowly look better or suddenly do so.

Incidentally the kole tang brushed against some eggs in jelly tgat were on a rock. They stuck to his tail for three days and it freaked him out.

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
But this isnt the first time this fish has had health issues, most people will get a fish and they might get ich from introducing the fish to the new tank, which then goes away and if they are happy and healthy stays away. Your fish has had continual healthy problems it seems which indicates to me that he is pretty stressed out. You dont say anything about the fish being bullied and i know you dont have a lot of fish which leads me to believe that all of his stress is coming from a tank that is too small.

Back