pepp shrimp

steelcity

Reefing newb
someone jacked up my pepp shrimp. he has his two very front legs but is missing his side legs. he can balance himself upright and still is mobile. Not as much as before but can still move slowly around and can also jump/flick his tail.

I was looking at the tank around 12 last night with a flashlight and he was doing laps. He did a great job on my aiptasia's. Didn't look at the tank this morning. I don't think it happened at night. The 6line goes to his bed as soon as lights go out and when the black clown goes to sleep he's pretty motionless til the sun comes through the blind around 7am.

I feed him some spirulina flakes directly with a baster. Will he be able to make it or should I start looking for a replacement?

its hard to say if he will make it or not i bet no. since he is injus=red the fish will more than likely take him out

what other fish do you have in your tank? if its the two fish you mentioned only you can bet on it being the sixline wrasse, they are evil!

only two fish in there. i will try to keep an eye on the 6line. neither of the fish have been fighting with each other. Not yet anyhow. They have been together for about 3 weeks now. Shrimp and 6-line have been in there for about 3 months.

it could be the 6line, or anything for that matter. too hard to tell unless you saw aggression from the fish.

shrimp made it through the night. I check the tank a few times with a flashlight and he was everywhere. He ate some food today and was moving around.

The 6line got the boot today. He wasn't biting the clown but was being a peckerhead. That boy knew he was in trouble. He tried his damndest to stay in there.

Happy to hear the shrimp just molted.

Its funny how its a whole lot easier to add fish,than it is to catch em out:D

shrimp didn't molt. he's molted twice since being in my tank but hasn't done the 3rd yet. He definitly got jacked up by someone (6line, by they way he was acting lately). But I think he's gonna be ok.

shrimp made it through the night. I check the tank a few times with a flashlight and he was everywhere. He ate some food today and was moving around.

The 6line got the boot today. He wasn't biting the clown but was being a peckerhead. That boy knew he was in trouble. He tried his damndest to stay in there.

I hear Rc is looking for a new 6 line!:mrgreen:

well the shrimp molted yesterday. has two of his legs coming back. he's moving around pretty good and eating like a champ. my black clown is like a garbage disposal. anything that comes his way is sucked up. i put a firefish in the tank in place of the 6line. he's been in there for a few days now. he gets nervous everytime the clown swims by him and he bolts for his hole. the clown just checks him out and keeps swimming by.

Back