peppermint shrimp about to die!

reeftanker84

Reefing newb
i hope he dont kill my rock nem because i fed the nem and now it keeps picking at it and im afraid he will kill it because hes agrivating it so bad!

why dont you just shoe him away from the nem . . .

its also more likely the pep will become lunch but are you sure the nem is ok in the first place? I wouldnt think they would pick on the nem unless its already dying

the nem is fine,i just fed it a chunk of raw shrimp and the pep smells it and keeps going back! it sees me move and fleas then when i sit back down there it goes again,no amount of shooing has done any good,its going right into the moulth of the nem and it looks like its trying to pick the shrimp out. so frustrating! i want to beat the stupid shrimp!

I would feed the fish on one side of the tank, and then hand the cleaner his fish head. That gave him a bit of time to hide in the rocks... he learned quick.

You can always put some kind of net or basket (make sure it's not touching the nem) while you feed it, that way the shrimp can't get to it. It's a pain to do, but if you keep the shrimp, it might be your only alternative.

Back